Sunday, May 13, 2012

Wireless Network Camera Settings (Installation)

With the network bandwidth, computer processing power of the rapidly increasing range of practical and video information processing technology, video surveillance has entered a new era of digital networks. But now the SMEs due to financial constraints, simply can not afford to buy expensive monitoring equipment, wireless network through several cameras set up a simple wireless network to monitor many SMEs have become the first choice.
 
Wireless monitoring of the distribution system is relatively simple, basically only need a wireless network cameras, wireless AP with control terminals and some general use of wireless monitoring and control switches could be achieved.

However, wireless network cameras on the market are mostly just beginning, and the use of the relatively few product categories, Below gave everyone a brief introduction to the wireless network cameras set up several steps and recommended products.

The first step in accordance with the wireless network camera user guide on the installation instructions to start the installation. I should note here that the "User's Guide" read "link wireless antenna and open the camera, router can automatically find the camera," but my experience not so lucky, I could not find the wireless router is the camera?

So, I tried to use the product comes with the Ethernet cable will connect directly to camera on the router, I also use a pin inserted behind the camera to reset reset hole in the camera, until the camera LED lights in front of the cycle twice a constantly flashing green light began maintain the status of the final click of IP software installation process, only to find camera.

The next step in the installation of IP window to see video cameras in the MAC (MAC) address. Click on this address, will be re-directed to the camera's IP address, when I saw the camera's image; Below we need here on a number of camera settings.

The third step is left of the screen click the video configuration labels, advanced configuration screen appears, and then I started to wireless local area network (LAN) configuration camera. I will be reserved for major projects default settings, to focus on amending the lower allocation from the wireless LAN (WLAN) configuration began.

Services will set identifier (SSID) and the router is set to the same wireless mode is set to "infrastructure", is set to Channel 6 by default, and other components of the same.

The fourth step because when I tried to use the wireless router is not D-Link router, so I must be the first transmission (TX) rate is set to 11 Mbps. On this point, "User's Guide" and other descriptive information also is not mentioned, the last author and D-Link technology sector after two communication to solve this problem.

Step 5 will Preamble set to "long (Long)", because this is the default settings, and check the "data encryption" dialog will be chosen mode of authentication for the "automatic (Auto)"; will be key length is set to 128, "Key format (Key Format)" to maintain the "Hex".

Then enter the router and wireless networks and other components of the same key. At this point, click the "application" and then resuming the camera, when fully turn on the green light, we can start to see wireless network camera work! !

Overall, the installation process about how much time does not need to spend about 20 minutes. However, because of the wireless router and wireless network camera is not the same manufacturers of products, so there have been some configuration problems, thanks to the author by the D-Link technical staff to help the many. Here I hope that the wireless network camera makers to take into account their products and different brands of wireless routers with the problem!

In addition, some friends in the hope that the home or business trip, can the Internet to remote monitoring production workshop or family situation, then we only need to open IE, typing "http:// wireless cameras Internet IP address and port number", such as http : / / 220.179 .*. 111:1024 / (1024 is the default wireless network monitoring service port) on it. For ADSL, LAN, such as Internet broadband access, because there is no fixed IP addresses, users need for the wireless cameras for 3322, peanut shells such a dynamic domain name.

3 comments:

  1. I found your blog when I was looking for a different sort of information but I was very happy and glad to read through your blog.
    The information available here is great : best Wireless security systems reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your informative post about wireless camera and its benefits. Check out one more site for wireless camera which provides complete integrated security systems.

    ReplyDelete